Us

Us

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Birthday Dinner

Because he is working late tonight and we are leaving right after he gets off work on Friday to head to Provo, Chad took me out for my birthday dinner last night.

I wanted to try something new, so we headed downtown. We hardly ever eat downtown because we don't feel like driving all the way over there. However, we have heard good things about a couple of Chinese food places. So we went to The Yummy House. And, well, it was yummy!!

I ordered the General's Chicken (I think) and Chad got Honey Sesame Chicken (SO GOOD). Each $8.95 plate came with a spring roll, soup, a giant scoop of fried rice and a giant scoop of lo mein. Also, weird little cuts of chilled barbecued pork. That was a new one for us. I told Chad to take a picture, but it's on his phone and I'm at school. It was a ton of food and we had lots to take home. My mouth is watering just to remember I brought some for lunch today. Yummmm....

Anyways. We ordered potstickers as an appetizer and everything was surprisingly good. We have tried to find decent Chinese food in Idaho before (that was before Panda Express moved in) and have been largely unsuccessful.

Then I got a fortune cookie that said something along the lines of "Watch out for strangers - one will soon become your best friend." So I'm a little concerned about that.

1 comment:

mollie said...

THAT's what I was going to ask you. Your dog- what are you doing with her for the weekend if you're going to UT?!?!