Us

Us

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

It's Spring Break!

and that means it's time to catch up on the blogging. Luckily, I have lots to blog about, what with the last week including Locks of Love, my birthday, and Lady's trip to the vet.

Friday was my birthday!!! I was up at 7:00 and couldn't go back to sleep, so Chad suggested we just go ahead and open presents. Since we were headed to Utah right when he got home from work, this seemed like the only time. (Hence the pajamas)

From Mollie: Lady was intrigued by the singing hamster. Gift card for FOOD!!! We do love food!

From Chad: The current out-of-the-vault Disney movie!

From Chad's parents: Gardening book

From mom and dad:

Birthstone necklace with the Crown of Scotland (?)

T-Shirt Blanket!!!

Bagpipes?!!! Straight to me from Scotland! Pretty awesome, mom!! I have learned several songs on the Practice Chanter included, but am having trouble getting the bag to hold air. I think the valve on the Blowpipe (that keeps air from flowing back out) isn't tight enough, and I might order one that's a little plug to replace it. (The current one is a little flap of rubber that doesn't seem to seal well.)

From Chad - My final gift!! A web book! I wasn't as excited as Chad wanted me to be, but I am excited! I am using it RIGHT NOW! It is pretty awesome - and it's nice to have something so small and light to replace my laptop.


After this, I went to school and it was time for Locks of Love.
Here are the pictures! (I look a little better showered and contact-ed, no?)
Before:



After:



The haircut is cute. The stylist wanted to "backcomb" it (code for rat) even after I said it would be weird, so that's what you see here. It's fun and I like it short, but that style made me feel a little too Utah. So now I'm trying to figure out how to make it look decent without a lot of work. Meh. I'm not too concerned about it. It's just hair and it'll grow back, and in just a few months it will be at the awkward in-between length that I hate.

Anyways! Right after school on Friday, I came home to pack up the van and get ready to take the puppy and head down to Provo. Chad came home after work and we left around 6:00. The drive was good and easy and without incident (thankfully!). This was Lady's first long trip in the car. On the way down, she mostly sat on my lap, and had a hard time relaxing. But she didn't whine or bark or anything obnoxious.

We got to Erin's around 10:00 and the partying began. She definitely spoiled us. We had breakfast burritos on Saturday morning, Cafe Rio salads for dinner that night, stuffed French toast for breakfast Sunday, and some more Cafe Rio salad for dinner Sunday night, with cream cheese pie for dessert/my birthday. Everything was DELICIOUS! We played with the boys and they played with the puppy. Sawyer spent the weekend writing little scribbles on stuff and telling me they were for me and I had to take them home. He was pretty cute.

The weather was BEAUTIFUL on Saturday - brushing up on 70 degrees. And then that night it got really windy, and by Sunday morning there was a couple of inches of snow on the ground. Boo.

Erin took me shopping for my birthday on Saturday, but we came out unsuccessful. So I left with a little birthday moo-lah and I was planning on spending it yesterday while Lady was at the vet, but never got that far.

Anyways, Lady was awesome the whole time we were there. (Except for some barking when we tried to put her in her cage in the bathroom Friday night) She was really nice with the boys, and didn't make any messes in the house. She didn't chew anything up or eat anything she wasn't supposed to (except maybe random things she found under the boys' chairs at the kitchen table). She really didn't like Bryce for some reason though, and barked at him pretty much anytime he came into the room.

Then it was time to head back to Idaho. This is what we ran into just north of Salt Lake.

... Yuck.
Lady was even better in the car on the way back. She did this for a little while.

Haha. I think this next picture is pretty funny. Apparently I caught her mid-blink. But she looks old and wise.

She did this most of the way.


Then yesterday was the big day for Lady.
Before:

After:

I felt so guilty for dropping her off at the vet. We ended up paying full price (not getting a discount through the Humane Society - long story - there may be an angry letter involved...) She seemed to do well though. When she got home, she was really sleepy and cold. We set her up on the bed with her bed, my robe and a rice sack. She slept pretty much the whole rest of the day. She's actually been sleeping most of today too. I think she's still a little sore. She jumped off the bed when Chad got home from work yesterday and then regretted it.

That little dark spot on her shaved belly (that kind of lines up with the seam on my jeans) is the only incision. She has maybe 3 really tight and tiny stitches, and they will dissolve.

She's been a really good dog, and she keeps me company.

Now I have the rest of the week to do pretty much what I want, and I couldn't be happier about that. I can't wait for warm weather!! Idaho's not too bad in the summer, but winters really suck.

Also, I wish I lived closer to family, because a 4 hour drive is pretty lame.

3 comments:

ottspot said...

Did you move your furniture around? You seem to have an extra couch in your living room.

mollie said...

... or a 5 hour flight AND a 2 hour drive?!? Jeez- you have more than one sister you know! I guess I'll forgive you for neglecting me.

Megan Busath said...

I just meant the *closest* family is 4 hours away.