Us

Us

Thursday, August 30, 2012

I will survive!

This week I went back to school. Monday was freshmen day, Tuesday was a shortened schedule so the kids could go through the schedules in the morning, Wednesday was a regular day with everyone, and today was another shortened day for a pep assembly. I have somewhere around 55 kids in band, and they make a lot of noise!!! In a good way. 11 trumpets, 5 french horns, and 5 baritones will do that. (I had 6, 2 and 2 last year.) They played the National Anthem and the Fight Song at the assembly and they were a force to be reckoned with. They sounded awesome! I'm sorry, but sometimes louder is better.

Our first home football game is tomorrow night... We'll see how it goes! I'm sure it will be fine. And I have a drum major this year, so I won't have to be so stressed out. Wahoo! We won't march our field show until Homecoming, at the end of September, but it will come quickly!

We'll post some more pictures of our little Charlie man soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I hope your numbers are swelling because kids are hearing that you've made band better. The more kids you get the easier it will be to convince others that band isn't just for weirdos. You've made a difference in just one year (and with being pregnant and a new mom it probably wasn't even your best effort) Good for you. I hope the complaining parents from last year back off now.