Us

Us

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Update - Everything else

When we got back, the Olympics had just started. Here's our future Olympian getting as close as he can to the action.

He also started doing this for some reason:


It has been so hot since we got back. We decided to give in and buy a little pool to cool ourselves off in. We thought Charlie would like it since he loves the bath tub. Unfortunately, the hose water is about negative 20 degrees, and, surprisingly, it doesn't warm up very much sitting out in the sun all day. So Charlie doesn't appreciate it that much. But we did get him in it once so far. 
Haha.

We got back from California just in time to go to the local baseball game where Geena Davis was throwing out the first pitch for the 20th anniversary of A League of Their Own. After the game they showed the movie on giant inflatable screens out on the field. So. We had to go in style.
Geena Davis didn't do any pictures or autographs. We were disappointed. I even broke my "never buy used shoes" rule and my "never wear used shoes" rule and my "never wear used shoes you bought at D.I." rule so I could wear cleats with my outfit. But I did get my picture taken with an older man who said he had gone to every one of the Rockford Peaches home games. That was pretty cool. I wish I had talked to him more before he left. And a little girl who loves the movie. And while I was out changing Charlie's diaper, someone (an adult) asked me if I was in the movie. Yes, yes I was. I age well, don't I? And now I change babies' diapers at local baseball games in costume. People were pretty impressed with my uniform - good job Mama! (She made uniforms for Mollie and I for Halloween when we were seniors in high school)Too bad Mollie couldn't come with me so we could be extra cool. It was fun. And a once-in-a-lifetime event, I'm sure.

And now for some random pictures of Charlie:
Charlie really likes getting into Lady's toys.
I'm sad this picture is blurry. Our little man! 
Dinner's ready!
I also have been having fun looking up new recipes and trying them out.
Orange glazed turkey legs with an orange marmalade gravy/glaze. Yum!
Butter Brickle Frozen Delight. It's like cream cheese pie with a granola-like topping and butterscotch/caramel sauce. *drool*
In May I went to the dentist for the first time in about 6 years. (not including getting my wisdom teeth out in 2009) I was tired of not being able to eat anything, and I had just taught a YW lesson about taking care of our bodies. So I was feeling a little guilty. So I finally called and made a dentist appointment.
It went like this:
1. appointment for initial cleaning/x-rays/consultation
2. appointment for more cleaning/digging at my gums
3. appointment for one filling
4. appointment for two root canals at the endodontist
5. appointment for two permanent fillings in said root canals
6. appointment for temporary crown fitting #1
7. appointment for permanent crown fitting #1 and temporary crown fitting #2
8. appointment for permanent crown fitting #2

I think that was all of them. On my last appointment (July 31st), I brought a pack of Starburst with me to share with my dentist and the assistant who worked on my teeth for the last couple of months. They used to be my favorite candy, but I haven't eaten one in at least 2 years because the pain would nearly double me over. Before that, it had been a few years since I had eaten one without my teeth hurting at all. So. Starburst it was. And it was delicious. But expensive. I told my dentist that that was a $3000 Starburst right there. P.S. Whatever happened to the tropical fruit Starbursts? I could only find original, Favo-reds, and flavor morphs. Psh.
Here's to many more Starburst to come! (And fewer visits to my dentist.)

No comments: