Us

Us

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Charlie

Last night, Charlie went to bed around 10:30. He woke up screaming around 12:30am. Usually when he cries, you can stick a bottle in his mouth and he'll go back to sleep without too much trouble. Last night he was inconsolable.

We gave him a fresh bottle, bounced him, held him, rocked him, sang to him, sat in front of the fan, gave him his pacifier, and still he cried. He would calm down for a few minutes and then randomly start crying again. I finally bounced him on the exercise ball, he took the bottle, and got him quiet. His eyes were still half open though, so I couldn't tell if he was asleep or not.

Here we are sitting in the dark bouncing on a ball at 1:30am, when Charlie, eyes half open and mouth hanging wide, inexplicably starts laughing. Chad thought it was cute - I thought it was creepy. He never opened his eyes! He just stared out of the bottom of them, like he was looking right at me. After he got his giggles out, I handed him to Chad, Chad put him down in his Pack N' Play and he finally went back to bed.

The past couple of nights, Chad has heard him making some noise and he walks in to check on him to find he is mostly sleep... babbling (since he doesn't do much talking yet.) If we have a sleepwalker, I will be creeped out. They're like zombies. Like that one time (Christmas Eve 2009) we found Will laying at the top of the stairs staring straight ahead. When Erin spoke to him, it was obvious he wasn't all there. CREEPY!

P.S.
I will be a nervous wreck by the time spider "season" is over. This is my brain from the moment I wake up to the moment I fall asleep: "Spiders, spiders, spiders, spiders" as my eyes frantically scan the floor of whatever room I'm about to walk into. When I fall asleep, I have nightmares about spiders. You will eventually find me on a wooden chair in the middle of the room with everything up off of the floor, the carpet ripped out, and rows of sticky insect traps surrounding me like a moat.

1 comment:

ottspot said...

I wake up at night multiple times a week because either Bryce, Sawyer, or Will is talking in his sleep. (That sentence seems very wrong gramatically-speaking, but I don't think it is.) It is always fun to wake up to conversations taking place at 3 in the morning.