Us

Us

Monday, May 02, 2011

... Riiiiight....

I just looked at the district's proposed budget cuts for next year.

As I've said, I've already been told I probably won't have a job next year.

However, the district information says they're planning on cutting 2 full time equivalent classified positions at the high school level (one from Hillcrest, one from Bonneville), for a total savings of $50,000. This will probably include me. I just calculated my annual salary and it comes out to a whopping $8,627. If they think cutting me is going to solve their problem, they're going to be about $17,000 short. If they cut my job, they're still going to have to cut another one to make up for how crappily I already get paid. I sure hope they're not paying $17,000/year for my crappy benefits...

Just sayin'. I wonder if anyone has even looked at that.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe someone will figure out how little they will save by letting you go and start looking for someone who makes more. I guess you don't care, since you hated the job anyway.

Anonymous said...

Also, Erin told me this and I verified it on-line. If you lose your insurance through the school, you can get coverage through Dad's insurance until you turn 26, even though you are married.

Since we have full maternity coverage, you would be covered ;).
(Spouses and children are not covered, however.)

Anonymous said...

That emoticon didn't look right. Maybe ;-) was what I was going for - not that I'm hinting at anything.

ottspot said...

Too bad I am older than 26. My COBRA coverage ends next month and I just got a notice in the mail that my health insurance application was denied because I'm pregnant. Apparently the "pregnancy is not a pre-existing condition" rule only applies if you are getting on group health insurance and not just if you are trying to buy your own. So glad I am uninsurable.

ottspot said...

And Mom I'm glad you have full maternity coverage - just in case 6 isn't enough.

Megan Busath said...

Sweet! We better have all our babies before I turn 26!

Anonymous said...

Erin, was this the insurance that you called about and they said they would pay if you were OK with abusing the system?

ottspot said...

No, this was an actual individual health insurance plan. I have to get something else because the COBRA is ending. I was of the impression that Bryce's job would now have decent insurance and I would go on that but apparently they have basically told him that if I go on it then it will make everyone's rates a lot higher because I'm pregnant so Bryce doesn't think it is an option. And Bryce says he isn't going to go on it because somehow the group plan would still be more expensive than the plan that him and the boys are currently on. I'm really pleased about the whole thing.