Us

Us

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"I Forgot My Teddy Bear..." ... "No, Really..."

There are many other things I have yet to blog about, but I want to put up pictures too, and currently my camera is at home.

So last night was my last choir concert with Hillcrest High School. I only played for 9 out of the 17 songs. We got close to the end, when I turned the page in my folder and realized I didn't have the music for the next song. It is published in a book, and I never made copies - I always just used the book. And I forgot to bring the book out on stage with me. And my stupid brain told me I needed my keys to get to where the book was (not true). So everyone had to wait while I got my keys from Chad and ran back to the choir room and grabbed the book. If I hadn't thought I needed my keys, I probably could have run and gotten it and been back before anyone even thought something was up. So that was stupid.

But it's over.

A few more performances this year -
  • a Senior Awards Night tomorrow night
  • concert with a community choir Friday night
  • chorus concert on the 18th
  • possibly Baccalaureate (non-denominational church service for the seniors) on the 20th
  • possibly graduation on the 24th.

Then I'm done.

I'm SOOOO looking forward to this SUMMER!!!! I wish we had time/money to go visit Connecticut when it's nice out and not have to run to a wedding or reception and then fly back home. But it sounds like my family (or at least my mom) will be here for a good chunk of the next few months, so that will be fun.

In the past when people would ask me what my favorite season was, I could never decide. Summer meant free time and warm weather, but fall meant pumpkins and apple cider. Winter meant Christmas and family, and spring was my birthday, and the smell of plants and flowers. However, living in Idaho where there are essentially 2 seasons - cold and hot - has made up my mind. I choose the hot. (I'm still wearing long johns and sweaters pretty much every day - although we're supposed to be in the 70's by the end of the week!!!!!!!) Summer cannot come soon enough.

Also - neither the choir room nor my "office" have any windows.... that's depressing.

No comments: