Us

Us

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Story Time!

Last night in the middle of the night, I was feeling a little uncomfortable, so I decided to roll over on my other side. My rolling over must have awakened the Sleeping Giant (aka Chad) and he grunted to acknowledge my presence. 0.2 seconds later I was met by a swift elbow to my eye. It wasn't that hard, just enough to hurt and render me completely and fully awake.

Then the following conversation took place:

Me: (moan) Ow! You just elbowed me in the eye.
Sleeping Giant: No I didn't.
Me: Yes you did! I rolled over and you elbowed me in the eye.
SG: Megan, there's no way I elbowed you in the eye! (He's yelling now)
Me: (I'm yelling now) So I elbowed mySELF in the eye?!
SG: (yelling again) You must have, because I didn't do anything!!!
Me: Are you serious?
SG: (still yelling at me) You must have rolled into your fingers or something because I DID NOT hit you!
Me: And somehow I elbowed myself in the eye?
SG: I guess so.
(or something along these lines - it was late)

And Chad's brother Stephen stayed with us last night, and I was afraid he was going to wake up and wonder why the heck we were yelling at each other in the middle of the night.

And he rolls over in a huff, mad at me for accusing him of elbowing me in the eye, and goes back to sleep.

And I roll back over the other way and can't believe HE just elbowed ME in the eye and now HE'S mad at ME?!!!

So this morning, he comes up to me and hugs me and apologizes for yelling at me in the middle of the night after he elbowed me in the eye. He said he was still half asleep and wasn't thinking straight. Which is true.

And now I giggle every time I think about it. He was SO adamant that I had, indeed, OBVIOUSLY elbowed MYSELF in the eye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my king size bed!