Us

Us

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Peer Edit, Shmeer Edit

Hello my dear readers, once again.

I got my peer edited draft back today. Here are my favorite comments:

Mine: ... a theatre famous for its opera comique...
Hers: ... a theater famous for it's opera comique...

Mine: There was, at this time, a licensing law
Hers: There was a licensing law

Mine: The public, however, continued to attend the performances
Hers: However, the public continued to attend the performances.

Mine: ... The typical Bouffes-Parisiens audience would be "[quote]"
Hers: ... The typical Bouffes-Parisiens audience would be [written note: I'm not sure if a colon needs to be there or not]

Comments:
"Pretty good. Some of the sentences are really long. Instead of having one sentence with four comma's [sic] try breaking it up. It will be easier to read."
Of note: There is not a single sentence in my paper that has "4 comma's". There are, however, a couple of sentences with three commas because they are lists.

Guess where this Peer Edited paper is going? In my special file.

In other news - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! More to follow later.

1 comment:

ottspot said...

I think my favorite is the its to it's. I had a religion paper peer reviewed for citations one time and the girl gave me a 0 out of 50 because she said every single one of my citations was done incorrectly...except that she was the one doing them wrong. And then I had to go try to get my grade corrected by the teacher. AAARRRRGGGHH! Peer reviews and group projects only prepare you to work in the real world by showing you how annoying it will be.