Us

Us

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Finals

Once we got back from the birthday celebration, it was time to finish up with finals and juries. As I have told most of you, I didn't think I was going to have a jury this semester because I got my wisdom teeth taken out on March 13th. Juries would have been less than a month since I got my teeth out, on April 6th. I talked to Brother Holman on March 24th and he decided to have me do a jury anyway. I was planning on taking an incomplete, but if I did, I wouldn't have completed a full 14 credits, and my academic scholarship wouldn't continue until I had. Assuming I had taken 14 credits this summer, that would mean that I wouldn't get another scholarship until the fall. So taking an incomplete would cost me about $1500 in tuition. Boo. So I had a jury. I didn't meet with my accompanist until the night before my jury for about 20 minutes. (I was unaware of the fact that she had to leave so quickly.) She was supposed to have picked up the music the week before (she asked me to leave it in the music office for her to pick it up when she was on campus). She never picked it up. She was sightreading for those 20 minutes of rehearsal time. I was not happy about that. And it might be understandable, but she's a grown woman, not just some student who's too busy with finals to pick up my music. Ugh. Anyways, needless to say, my jury was not spectacular, but I did well nonetheless.

So I finished this semester, and said goodbye to Goldie Haun at my last horse class. Totally worth the 100 bucks.
For all of those inquiring minds out there, here are some pictures of the infamous horse.




This is a video of me barrel racing. It's not terribly exciting to watch, but it's definitely fun to do.

Grades were posted today and I am happy. I was expecting a B+ in my lame online New Testament class, but I did better than that, though I'm not quite sure how. Don't ask questions.



3 comments:

ottspot said...

Wow Meg you were really flying there. I had a hard time keeping my eyes on you. Like when I took my series of riding lessons and the lady said we were going to do jumps and all we did was have the horse walk over a pole that was on the ground.

Anonymous said...

You call that racing? Barrel walking maybe. And I thought you were ready for the rodeo.

Megan Busath said...

okay, so this wasn't our best race. goldie haun was pretty lazy that day. not that she ever went *too* much faster than that.