Us

Us

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Happy Birthday To ME!

A quick post about the birthday -

I got up and went to class at the usual 7:45. Lame. But when I got home around 9:00, Chad had gone to work, but had decorated the apartment with a "Happy Birthday" banner. He also recorded himself saying "Happy Birthday Megan! I love you!" and put it on repeat on his computer so I would hear it when I came home. (Kinda creepy, but) Aw.

I went back to class from 10:15-11:15 where I got the previously mentioned peer edited paper back.

Chad and I had lunch at home - and I opened my first birthday gift - a magic towel. It was way cooler than the magic towel I bought in Disneyland.

Before:


After:


I watched TV and took a nap until 3:00 when I left for my horse class. We did barrel racing, and it was the most fun ever! I think I'm a natural. And I may have the oldest, most stubborn horse in the class, but we still won our race. We trotted around 3 barrels and then loped back to the middle. And I didn't even have to kick her to get her to go! I was happy.

When I got home, I waited for Chad to get home from work at 5:45. Once he got home, we left for Applebee's because they have their 2 for $20 special going on - an appetizer and 2 entrees for 20 bucks. We did order drinks and an extra appetizer, so it was a little bit more than that.


Yummm....
Trying to eat my riblets. Lovely picture.

I opened all but one of my gifts at dinner.
From Chad:
A t-shirt
A pillowcase
A bow tie (for my very own party clothes)


Top Gun (I mentioned the other day that I wanted to see it)

From Chad's parents:
Season Three of The West Wing! I was VERY excited about that.


After dinner, we came home to change our clothes and then go bowling.
It was league night at the first alley we went to, so we went to the more expensive one.

We bowled a game. Chad won.


After bowling, we went to the arcade and played some ice-ball. I love ice-ball.

We got 106 tickets, and spent them on some cheap toy cars that we will be bringing to Will and Sawyer when we go down this weekend.


When we got home from bowling, Chad put the candles on the cake (er...pie), sang me Happy Birthday, I blew out the candles, and opened my one last gift.


Guess what it was! The drumset for Guitar Hero World Tour!!!

I've had fun playing it even though there is not nearly enough room for it in our currently apartment.

No comments: