Us

Us

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Road Trip: Day 3

Sunday, October 26th

I wanted to look up mom's old house, but couldn't think of a way to find out the address, so we left Des Moines and headed out.

Hi Mom! 



The other Elk Grove. 
 Since we were going to be going right by Chicago, I looked for something fun to take Charlie to. I found a "Legoland" outside of Chicago and decided to give it a shot. I was picturing a stand-alone place with a ton of things for the Charlie to play on. Maybe a Ferris Wheel. I was extremely disappointed when we drove almost 45 minutes out of the way to find a strip mall. But we were there, so we went anyway. If I had it to do over, I would definitely not visit the Legoland outside of Chicago. It was totally not worth it. But it was nice to have a break from the car.

Me and Barack. 

Chad and Indy. 






Chad took Charlie to a little video while I waited outside with Russell. 

It took us forever to figure out how to get back to I-80. We missed an exit because the sign was only visible after you missed the exit. Also, it was dark and a lot of things were under construction. We finally found our way back to an I-80 interchange, and I SWEAR the "cash only" lanes were directed off in a different direction than the "EasyPass" lanes. We were ready to drive through and just pay the ticket when it came in the mail, but we did FINALLY find our way after an hour of driving around outside Chicago.

That night we stayed at a Motel6 in South Bend. It was the dumpiest so far. Like, you don't want to touch the beds, dumpy. Lady took this opportunity to decide she was going to have diarrhea. (We couldn't get her to eat anything the whole time we were in the car.) We took her in and out multiple times that night. It was right near Notre Dame campus, and Chad was disappointed that we didn't have time to see the stadium or catch a game.

End of Day 3!! Almost there!

No comments: