Us

Us

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Freaky Friday

So last night Chad and I went to the cannery to reinforce our emergency food supply. We got back around 7:45, had pizza and watched a movie. We went to bed around 10:45 with the dog asleep at the end of the bed. At about 3:00 she woke up and decided she didn't want to be in our room anymore. She might have been cold because we had the fan on blowing in cool air from outside and it got pretty chilly. Anyways, so she woke us both up, we put her in her cage in the kitchen, and then neither one of us could get back to sleep.

Sidenote: I have been feeling the baby move for about a week and a half now. At first, I thought it was just stomach gurgling but it persisted until I realized that must be the baby moving.

So I laid there feeling the baby squirm around for about an hour, with no luck falling asleep. Then I finally felt like I might be dozing off when we were both jolted back awake by one of the most awful sounds there is - a cat snarling in a fight with something (if it was 2 cats, one of them didn't cry at all) right outside our window. It scared us both half to death. You could hear it squeal as its body was thrown up against the house by who knows what. Now, I've heard cat fights before. The roaming cats in our neighborhood at home used to duke it out under the streetlight in the middle of the night. But if it hadn't been for the wall, we would have been 4 or 5 feet away from the whole thing. It was a pretty nasty sound and it took me another 30 minutes to fall back asleep after that. I half expected to find a dead cat in our flower bed when I got up this morning.

That's all. Pretty exciting, I know.

No comments: