Us

Us

Sunday, July 03, 2011

Caution:

silly post about my dog to follow. My mom has informed me that people don't care about your dog's birthday - people don't even really care about your kids' birthdays unless they're directly related (and even then...) BUT - with no kids yet and a cute little dog, we had to mark her 1st birthday somehow. So - if you are one of those who couldn't care less about our dog - skip this post. :o)

June 30th was Lady's first birthday! Does that mean she's no longer a "puppy"? She's just so small, you can hardly call her a dog. Anyway - we lazed around the house doing nothing much of anything until Chad got home.

Chad and I ran to the store to pick up a few things, got home, ate dinner, and went to the park. Lady loves to run - and she loves to play fetch. Chad is so happy to have a dog that will play fetch with him. We didn't even have to teach it to her! She just did it. Here are some pictures:

We played for about an hour, then went for a 1/2 hour walk around the park, then played for another 30 minutes-ish.

When we got home we had "cake". (Well, Lady had cake.) I made some dog-safe "ice cream" from a recipe I found online that consisted of yogurt, a banana, some peanut butter and some honey. I froze some in a mini cake tin and scooped it out for a birthday treat. (I can't believe she let me put that bow on her head for a few seconds to take the picture!!!)
Awwwwwww.........
Anyways - that was about the extent of Lady's birthday. And in case you are wondering, dogs can, apparently, get brain freeze. (P.S. Chad is currently tormenting the dog with a marionnette which she is deathly afraid of) The next day we gave her a big chunk of "ice cream" that was more frozen, and she licked away for a few minutes until she kind of staggered away and then broke out into uncontrollable shivering. It was pretty amusing. I have some extra but I give it to her in little pieces.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank heavens you're having a baby!