Us

Us

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I guess it's been a while. Today is a pink kind of day. Maybe because I'm wearing pink, but somehow I don't think so.

So I got up at the usual 6:30. And, feeling extra tired today, stayed in bed until 6:36. I know, what a rebel I am. I finally got up and went and got ready, and left the house by 7:30 which was none too soon since I still had to walk the 10-ish minutes to class and then study for the quiz we are having today. (We have one every day for this class.) And I'm rushing to get there so I have time to study, and I round the corner, and see the sign on the door. "Brother Linford is ill today. Class is cancelled." This is where I dropped my books and went skipping and singing all through the building. Okay, not quite, but you get the idea. WAHOO! (P.S. This is the same teacher that quoted Nacho Libre in class the other day.) So I ditched my backpack in my instrument locker and came home for breakfast. Cocoa Roos. Mmm... And I watched a little Today Show but was lost interest when I saw Meredith. Ick. And I cleaned up my room and made my lovely bed. Anyway, so now I'm home enjoying my hour of free time. I have class again at 9, and then a free hour, and then class at 11 and then two free hours and then class from 2-4 and then all the free time I could want until my date tonight at 9:00. Yes, I have a date. I'll let you know how it goes.

On Sunday night John's apartment (Viking Village 105) had my apartment over for dinner. Only 3 our of 6 of us went, but it was cool nonetheless. Chris made steak and potatoes. The steak was amazing but the potatoes were kind of hard, which is kind of ironic that you could ruin baked potatoes even though you're in Idaho. They practically cook themselves up here. The boys made Kool-Aid, the weird invisible kind (which I didn't know existed) but tried to pass it off as water. We made cake, which was AMAZING, and they think we poisoned it. After dinner, we played card games. Namely spoons (at my request) and then Oh Heck, which I sucked at. Then they got invited to La Jolla 306 to play card games so they walked us home. Chris said we should do it again sometime and he'll cook something else. Should be good.
Playing card games, Kimberly and I forgot about Stadium Singing and forgot to go. Next week.

Monday night our ward had a Family Home Evening social at the park. I played football with some of the boys from 105 and in the process punched John in the face. By accident. But it still makes me laugh. It was fun even though they never passed to me because they (rightly so) thought I couldn't catch.

And yesterday I got a calling. I am the official Visiting Teaching Supervisor. Go me.

Well I better be going, my class starts in 15 minutes.