Us

Us

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Update

We took Charlie to the doctor on Wednesday and were again chided to get him to sleep through the night. We are going to try next week because we don't have any football games. We are going to leave him with a (youth) babysitter for the first time tomorrow night so he doesn't have to be out at the football game, and if she has to put him to bed, we don't want her to have to listen to him cry. We tried letting him cry on Tuesday night because he woke up mad and wouldn't take his bottle, like he usually does. I let him cry for 10 minutes (as advised) and by the end he was hysterical, and we felt so bad for leaving him for so long. I'm not worried about the not getting sleep part of trying to train him to sleep through the night, but listening to him cry like that when all he wants is a snuggle from his mom and dad is so sad! If he cried a lot, I might be able to ignore it better, but he's not really a crier. When he got his flu shot at the doctor, he screamed (of course) but we picked him up and talked to him, and within 2 minutes he was calmed down. (although still sniffling)

He is 23.7 pounds (94.8%) and 29 1/4" (83%). His head is 47 cm (not sure%). Doctor says he is a big boy, but he is proportional! He said bigger kids are usually slower to stand and walk and such, but we told him he was already pulling himself up on stuff. He walked behind the laundry basket as he pushed it across the floor. And he should be getting his top teeth any day now!

In other news -
Marching band is coming along nicely! I have no doubt that they can get it done, and I'm excited to see them perform. I think they are more nervous than anything.

It looks like we will be able to snag a couple of tickets to Conference. I've never been to anything in the new church Conference Center in Salt Lake (I'm sure it will be a parking/crowded nightmare) but that should be fun!

Also, I woke up this morning to find my socks (which had been on my feet when I went to bed) tucked neatly under my pillow. ... Okaaaay...

Other than that, not much is going on. It is getting cold here. There was frost on the windshield this morning. Winter will be here before we know it.


5 comments:

ottspot said...

Doctors schmoctors. They don't know everything. Addie has slept through the night 3 times in her life...including once last night! (Yeehaw!) Who cares. They aren't babies forever.42

ottspot said...

And I'm glad my tablet moved the verification number I typed in to the end of my comment. Helpful.

Anonymous said...

I'll tell you who cares - Grandmas who may be asked to babysit overnight.

Megan Busath said...

Haha...

Nielsen Family said...

One night you'll be so tired that you'll tell yourself, "I'm going to just close my eyes for ten minutes then I'll check," and you'll wake up hours later and realize he fell back asleep. Until then snuggle your baby while you still can!
Also, he is now within a half pound of Alice! She was 24.1 last I weighed her, but then that's how much the scale said a month ago, so who knows :)