Us

Us

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Schoooool's Out... For... Ever?

A week ago today was the last day of school. It looks like I won't be going back to school in the fall for the first time in... 18 years. I'm kind of looking forward to it. And if we ever have a chance to travel, we can do it whenever we want - not during school vacations. I'm thinking a trip to Connecticut for the Big E is in my future - I have a standing date with a 3 foot long chocolate eclair.

In other news - that means it is FINALLY SUMMER!!!!! I have been dreaming about this moment for months now. Thankfully we have had some nice weather recently (though not today) and Lady and I have spent the days in and out of the house, laying in the yard (even getting a tiny bit sunburned!) and propping open all of the windows that aren't painted shut. I have already read my first book of the summer (Mansfield Park) and am looking for others. So far I mostly stick with Jane Austen and other Classics because sometimes "New York Times Bestsellers" are nothing I would ever buy. Any suggestions? (I'm not really into science fiction or fantasy.) I am armed and dangerous with a public library card.

I spent the last 3 days cleaning, doing dishes, washing laundry and putting it away. It feels good to finally have some housework under control for the first time in months. (Everything except the bathroom (and the yard) which are Chad's job)

Also - shortly after Chad's birthday, these items arrived in the mail. I guess senior discounts are closer than we think...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I read this correctly? It is Chad's job to clean the bathroom? How did you ever get him to agree to that?

Nielsen Family said...

Isn't it so nice to think that summer vacation can stretch on forever? After a few months though it gets old, though not enough to make one want to return really :) If you like clean romance novels, so basically a fun story with a little dating, check your local library for "Always the baker, never the bride". It's no Jane Austen...but it's a fun quick read. I also checked one out called "Pepperoni Pizza can be Murder", less of a romance, more of a mystery. But so far it's clean. I must say, I judged these books readable by their covers.