Us

Us

Friday, October 02, 2009

Fall is in the Air

Hello everyone -
As the family posts seem to be revolving around fall, I figured I'd add my own. For my opinion of fall, see Mollie's post - or Erin's post. However, I do have something to add.

Remember those framed pressed leaves mom gave us for Christmas? I was pretty sure all of the girls got one - maybe not. But anyway, I took mine out of my bedroom and moved it into the front room as an official decoration for the fall season. Chad hung it on the wall for me, and I was pretty sure none of the choir people would even notice. (The only people we have over regularly - Sunday mornings we have choir at our apartment.) Anyways, people started showing up for choir and nobody had said anything. It's okay - they're up more for me than anyone else. So I can imagine walking home through leaves like that, or raking them, or seeing them on trees. Fall is not Fall in Rexburg, more of a pre-Winter. Anyways.

Then about half way through choir practice someone spots my leaves.
"Where did you get those?!"
I explain that I'm from Connecticut and my mom gave me the framed leaves. Those leaves are from my backyard.
"No way! You should have your mom send you some and you could sell them!"

Oh what a sad, season-deprived town Rexburg, Idaho is.

2 comments:

ottspot said...

I already told Mom that we could sell them...we should make a bunch up and maybe Chad could get Porter's to sell them. I can collect Utah leaves for all the people from Utah and Mom can collect New England leaves and then we could say some of the leaves are from the Sacred Grove...lol.(Or I suppose Mom could actually go get some.) Those would sell.

Anonymous said...

I have a whole bagful of leaves I pressed a couple of years ago? Do you want me to send you some? Maybe Chad can sell them at Porter's. However, Dad says you can't say they're from the sacred grove or we'll get struck by lightning. I guess we should take a drive over to Palmyra and get some you could market that way.