Us

Us

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Latest and Greatest

We went out in search of a pumpkin between sessions of General Conference. (It may have spread into the second Sunday session...) It had rained all morning, and it finally let up for a while when we got to this pumpkin patch. This place was in Idaho Falls. We hit it after finding the first place where "pick your own" meant "we picked them all and then put them in a pile - pick your own." This place was a "leave your money in the box" place but most of the pumpkins had been picked off their vine as well, but at least they left them in the field. We took the tall pumpkin so we could put it on our windowsill.



Here is the video of my performance for the Chairman's Honor Recital. I had my hair done at the beauty college for 9 bucks. It was fun. Interesting fact: the first movement I play was written as a tribute to Karen Carpenter.



Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are goofy but I'm glad you seem to have a good time. How much did that pumpkin weigh anyway? How come no one else seemed to be out looking for a pumpkin?

I guess we don't need to come to your senior recital. You can just post the video on your blog although I suspect the quality suffers a bit. You played very well. I couldn't tell if you weren't in tune. I hope for your senior recital you have a couple of familiar pieces. You know -like the Clarinet Polka or In the Mood -something people can get into. I'm sure it may not be as technically challenging but people would like it better. I like the low-brow stuff better, I guess.

Your dress looked nice. Please don't sway back and forth so much though. It's distracting.


Did you figure out how to get your heat to come on before you get up? Don't do anything risky. I worry about you in the old place.

mollie said...

i should be asleep. but
1) you need new jeans.
2) there was no one else at the pumpkin patch because they went during general conference, unlike me who was watching attentively and taking copious notes to post on facebook.
3) your straw maze was nauseating.
4) you poked that pumpkin good. i don't think mom could have done it better herself.
5) your recital was nice. but mom already said stuff about that.

the end.

ottspot said...

Sawyer's response to the first video was "Ewwwwww" when you said Eww and then "Whoa, do that again!" at the end.

ottspot said...

Sawyer's response to the second video was "Noooo...pickin punkins instead!"

Megan Busath said...

yeah, so was Chad's.