Us

Us

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Summer Vacation: Day 5

I have been trying to actually make dinner the last little while because we've been eating too much Little Caesar's 5 dollar pizzas and Jack in the Box 2/$1 tacos.

So last night I tried to make a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich Roll or something like that. It called for pre-made dough, but we couldn't find any at the store, so I had to make some.

After several calls to my mom and getting over my aversion to yeast (which I have never used before) I successfully made dough and this is what it turned into.



It was really good - but a TON of food. So we will have it for lunch for the next little while.

AND I made it ALL by myself!!! (again, with tech support)


A post about our house cupcake soon to follow - I'm off to the library since there are men working on the roof right outside my windows.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive! Looks tasty. Now that you've mastered yeast you can move on to dinner rolls and cinnamon rolls. Mmmm...

mollie said...

mmmmm cinnamon rolls...