Us

Us

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Finals

I just have one thing to say about finals.

We had to turn in binders for our Jazz Methods class (see previous post). They were due on Tuesday, and as I was walking by my teacher's office with Brother Holman this afternoon, the teacher called me in to tell me the binder (and written final) were graded and I could pick mine up. He proceeded to tell me (and Brother Holman) that in all the time that he's taught this class and given this final, no one has been as thorough as I have been. He said that in the written directions, he always tells everyone to include as much information as you know about the subject of the question. It's open book and open note, so there is no excuse for incomplete answers. Mine was the first final he's ever gotten back that actually did that. He then says to Brother Holman "She is amazing" among other things.

Hey - I'm all for people thinking I'm amazing. But as I thought about it, they think I'm amazing because I actually did the assignment according to the directions, and no one has ever done that before. ... Shouldn't that be the standard, not the exception?
My teacher's think I'm such a good student because I actually do the assignments ....?

I think there's something wrong with that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would mock you about being at BYU-Idaho, but the "you mean I have to write 2 entire pages!" mentality is rather common at BYU too...

Anonymous said...

Nonetheless, you are amazing!

mollie said...

...but we all know I'm more amazing than you.