Us

Us

Thursday, January 01, 2009

A Toast

Well - another year has come and gone. And I'm still in Idaho. With any luck, next year will be the last I welcome in from Idaho.

This has been quite the year for me. I believe it was on New Year's Day 2008 that I jumped on a plane to fly to California to visit my then boyfriend Chad. Everyone at church the Sunday before told me that flying to California to visit my boyfriend was not "no big deal" as I had been assuring them. I guess they were right - eventually. It took almost 4 months, so I claim that I was more right than they were. I spent a few days in California and then drove back to Rexburg with Chad and his little brother Stephen.

Anyways. In March I got engaged. I went on tour with the Symphony Band in April and was married in June. My grandmother passed away in July and I moved to Rexburg in August. I started school in September, voted for the first time in a presidential election and had Thanksgiving with Chad's family in November, and Christmas with mine (in Idaho) in December. And just like that, the year is over. It sure was a year to remember. So many "lasts" and a whole lotta "firsts". Thanks to my family for coming to Idaho not once, but twice in one year on my account.

So here's to you 2008 - it was a pretty good year.
(Minus that whole financial crisis thing. )

8 comments:

david santos said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ottspot said...

ooo what comment did you delete?

mollie said...

seriously. i want to know toooooo

Anonymous said...

Yeah, me too. And really, that's all you have to say about Christmas?
Mom

Chad said...

okay okay - jeese! what - did you guys all call each other and say "let's read megan's blog right now and then leave comments!" - i'll update about Christmas! (but everyone else did so i thought it was pretty much covered) and the comment was from some guy i didn't even know saying "good luck"... which didn't even make sense to me. I didn't know him - so I deleted the comment. creeper! ... now he's probably reading this and going to leave a rebuttal comment.
-Megan

Chad said...

p.s. mom - do you really have any room to be saying "that's all you have to say"... about anything? you updated your blog once the entire year! so i think i should be saying "that's all you have to say?!"
-Megan

mollie said...

p.s. Megan, it is confusing when you comment as Chad.

just so you know.

Anonymous said...

You see my problem is that I don't know how to put pictures into the blog and without them it is just boring. I tried to get Evan to show me but he won't. I think Mollie put the pictures in for my old posts except for the very first one which Erin made up without any input from me whatsoever.

Mom