Us

Us

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Paparazzi

So - as some of you may know, I am taking a photography class this semester. For my first assignment I took some pictures of Will. (We had to take one subject, natural light only)





For my second assignment, we can take pictures of whatever we want as long as it's in natural light. So on my way over to the school today, I walked around taking some pictures. There was a blue car parked outside the beauty college that is kitty corner to our apartment building. The beauty college has blue window things that matched the color blue of the car, so I thought I'd take a few pictures. Some lady comes out of the beauty college with her overdone make-up and hair (she works there) and accusatorily says:

Makeup lady: "Can you tell me exactly why you're taking pictures of that?"
Me: "Oh - I'm in a photography class."
Makeup lady: blank angry stare.
Me: "Is that okay?"
Makeup lady: "I don't know. It's my husband's car, I guess I'd have to ask him."
Me: "Oh I'm sorry."
Makeup lady: "Well you already took the pictures."
Me: "... do you want me to give you the film?"
Makeup lady: (as she's turned around angrily walking back into her beauty college) "(no answer to my question) It's polite to ask before you start taking pictures."
Me: "I'm sorry."
Makeup lady walks back into the college.

Oooooohkay crazy makeup lady. Is the car stolen? Is that why it's a big concern of yours?

She came outside to yell at me for the sake of yelling at me. I failed to mention the fact that her husband's beloved Witness Protection car was parked on public property on a city street. I had every right to take whatever pictures I wanted of it. Sorry crazy lady but you lose on that one.

I guess I need to invest in a telephoto lens so I can take my pictures from a block away where she'll never see me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kind of paranoid for a small, Mormon town person if you ask me.
Mom

ottspot said...

PLEASE take pictures outside of the beauty school every day for at least the next 2 weeks. Make us all proud.