Us

Us

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside!

I normally don't have time to post anything before I head off to school, but this is just ridiculous. The weather people said it was going to get colder as the cold front moved down from the ARCTIC to take Rexburg hostage. As if getting up and going to a 7:45am class every morning is not bad enough, let's add insult to injury. I looked at my atomic clock/thermometer and it said 11 degrees. And I thought - well that's not too bad. And then I noticed the negative preceding that 11... -11 degrees. And the thermometer on Chad's computer says -18! I talked to dad yesterday about the film I just got developed, and he told me to "try to stay warm". ... I'll try, but I think it's a losing fight. :o(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're not still trying to heat your apartment with your oven!
Any word on the apt. over Porters?

At least you can wear pants to school. When I was a kid, that wasn't allowed and I remember my knees being about frozen off by the time I got to school during our Iowa winters. As a little kid, you wore pants under your dress on the way to school and then took them off when you got there. That became decidedly less cool by the time you got to junior high but it didn't make your legs any less frozen. In high school, I used to have swimming during the last period and then have to rush home to babysit for my neighbor. My hair would be frozen solid before I walked the mile home. So suck it up, you wuss. Dad had to walk uphill both ways with nothing but cornflake boxes for shoes!

Megan Busath said...

Did you just call me a wuss?! Jeese mom!

P.S. My hair would freeze solid (as do the nose hairs as soon as you walk outside) - but they invented this thing called a blow dryer and I use it before I go outside. Also, ice crystals accumulate on your eye lashes. As for the cornflake boxes - I'm glad we're not that poor yet.

And no, no definite word on the apartment yet.

ottspot said...

My first thought was..."Did mom just call her a wuss?" Not to mention telling her to "suck it up." Now I know where we picked up our classy language from.

mollie said...

Oh, my turn to comment! I read this at the office, and burst out laughing when I got the part where mom told you to suck it up, wuss.

And then I had to explain it to some coworkers and I think they thought we must have really mean parents.

Hahahahaha