Us

Us

Monday, September 15, 2008

Ode to the Great Erase

Today Chad and I went to the library to find some orchestral scores for a project for one of my classes. I took my favorite pencil in my purse, and we searched through shelf after shelf of books. We stopped at the computer to do a database search and wrote down some call numbers. We finally found what we were looking for, and headed home, after about an hour at the library.

About 2 minutes ago, I was packing up my backpack for school tomorrow - and headed for my purse to retrieve my favorite pencil from it's careful carrying place. But alas - after frantic searching, it was discovered that my favorite Bic #2 Great Erase pencil was nowhere to be found. It's probably sitting all alone, scared, and cold, shivering in the 2nd floor of the library. Or even worse! Somebody kidnapped the poor thing. And they will never take care of it as well as I did.

Now, I know it's "just a pencil" - but it's the best pencil I've ever used - and I've had it for years! It erases like magic! No smudges!! I believe it came out of a bulk pack mom bought at Sam's Club when we were in high school. Simple black color, extendable eraser. Perfection in a number 2.

And after some internet searching, I have found out that Bic no longer makes the beloved Great Erase. It is a sad day for all of us. And every time I pic up another pencil, I will be reminded of that great writing utensil that got me through so many months and classes of school. And I will mourn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I guess you didn't take care of it all that well or it wouldn't be missing. Perhaps if you put up signs in the library and offer a reward, someone will return it.
We just got home form the Big E. Wish you could have gone with us. We had fun and ate lots of unhealthy food.

mollie said...

unhealthy food?! my favorite kind!!!!

...i guess that wasn't actually a comment about the blog post. if it makes you feel better, i wore black and gray today- somehow my wardrobe knew to be in mourning today for you...