Us

Us

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Eggs on Parade

Well everybody, today is the fall equinox. Actually, I guess it's the day before the fall equinox. But - as I assume I will be busy tomorrow, I took this opportunity to try the age-old myth of balancing eggs on my counter.

In 2001, when mom and dad were on their cruise with grandma and Mollie, Kyle and I were at home with our house-sitter Spencer Carini, we balanced what I remember to be like 2 dozen eggs on the counter. Now, that may be an exaggeration - it was the first time we had ever heard of doing it, and we were a little excited that we got it to work. Anyways, pretty much nobody believed us when we told them, and if I remember right, Kyle was the only one with a working camera, and I have yet to see those pictures. SO. Since then, I have forgotten when the equinox was, or didn't have any eggs, or didn't have the patience to try it in an apartment full of 5 other girls. But now that I'm in my own apartment, I only have one other person to yell at for walking too heavily. So we got out the eggs, and started balancing. Start to finish, it probably took me 30-45 minutes to get all 10 standing up. One egg took me about 10 seconds. I guess it just really wanted to show off.

Now, my astronomy teacher will tell you that this has nothing to do with the Equinox, but clearly he is wrong. So wrong.

So. Here are some pictures. The spatulas are there to keep them from rolling onto the floor if they should fall over.


Eggs 1 & 2.



Eggs 3 & 4


Eggs 5 & 6


Eggs 7 & 8


Eggs 9 & 10




And a video.



And with that, we start another long week of school. Happy Equinox!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin called you a weirdo (Actually she called you a wierdo but I'm pretty sure she meant weirdo) Glad to see you still have some free time despite your 19 hours. I tried to publish this a minute ago but it just disappeared into thin air. If it turns up again you will see this message twice.

mollie said...

You know what you should have done? Captioned your picture with "They're getting away!" or something equally as clever... yeah.

Spence said...

Look at all those eggs standing up! I was just googling myself to see what kind of stuff the internet had on me, and look what turned up! Nice job, Megan. I'm glad to see the tradition continues. Well, it looks like you started your day with a balanced breakfast? Or rather...balancing breakfast! Have a happy autumn!

ottspot said...

Are you guys coming down for conference weekend?

Megan Busath said...

uh... we weren't going to because chad doesn't get the day off - but now that i think about it, we could drive down tonight once chad gets out of work, and then drive back up tomorrow evening... hmm... i'll have to ask chad about that. i'll let you know.