Us

Us

Monday, August 25, 2014

New job is a little rough...

Tonight I drew a bath for Charlie, got him undressed and put him in the tub. He crouched in the water like he usually does when he thinks it's too hot to sit down. I asked if it was too hot. No. Then I ask if he's pooping, No. So I go back in the kitchen to finish making/eating my gourmet grilled cheese sandwich. I come back to the tub and he's sitting down.
"I pooping, mommy."
"You pooped in the tub?"
"Yeah."
"Where is it?"
"Back there somewhere" (pointing behind himself)
So I gingerly scrape the bubbles off the top of the water looking for errant poop, but find none. I was relieved because in the process of potty training and stalling for bedtime, he often says he has to poop when he doesn't or says he's poopy when he's not.

I scrub him down and let him play in the tub for a bit before getting him out. I tell him it's time to get jammies on, so he climbs out of the tub and I wrap him in a towel before unplugging the drain. I reach down to grab the drain and grab something slimy and squishy instead. EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW followed by NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

It turns out that Charlie was, in fact, not lying this time. So I got to fish it out of the tub. I called Charlie back into the bathroom and told him that was naughty and we needed to flush it down the toilet. And he started crying. We've been trying to get him to use the potty. It must be so confusing for a little guy when you poop in one place and everyone is thrilled, but you poop someplace else and you get in trouble.

If there's one thing about this new gig, there's never a dull moment!

No comments: