Us

Us

Monday, August 01, 2011

Oh, Idaho...

A couple of months ago, I received a letter from our power company stating that they are soon going to raise our rates. Of course, they were inviting public input on this process. However, I am sure that this will go about how our public meeting went before they raised our water rates. Everyone came to this huge town meeting, expressed how we were mad that because the city kept putting off it's payments, now we had to have a $10/mo. increase. The board listened to ideas to pro-rate or otherwise makeup the funding, said they would "take these into consideration" and then, obviously, the next month (and every month since) we all saw a $10/mo. increase on our bills. So - I know that when they say they will "do everything we can" to prevent rate increases, I know they're full of crap. So anyways, I wrote my letter explaining that the increase would not be financially easy for us (it's not huge, and we will be able to pay it, but I think it is beyond annoying to open bill after bill only to find that everyone's increasing their rates and we are not getting paid any more than we were before) and sent it off to the Idaho Public Utilities Commission. I got an automated response letter along the lines of "Thank you for your input. We take all comments seriously. We provide you such awesome above-and-beyond service, I'm sure you will understand why we have to raise our rates for providing it." Pretty much what I expected.

Then today I got a more personalized letter from the "Executive Assistant" (uh... secretary?) at the Idaho Public Utilities Commission that tells me "We know what these increases due to families such as yours." DUE you?! If you're going to send me a consolation letter, at least use proper grammar. Now I REALLY don't want to give you my money.

*sigh* It is Idaho, after all.

3 comments:

ottspot said...

Will's school has had signs posted on all the front doors all summer that say: "I will be in my office from 9-2 on Tuesday's during the summer"...signed by the principal. Sigh. And our RS binders that go around every week say to make note of the date of an upcoming activity so "we wont miss it." Which I assume was just a typo. But hasn't been fixed. And makes me more wont to miss it for sure.

Nielsen Family said...

That is awesome. I remember at the nursing school at BYU that we cleaned they had signs all over saying that in case of fire drill meet outside and they will take "role". I changed a lot of them, but none of them changed in the 2 years we worked there. Maybe you should write another letter and tell them that the extra money should go towards a writing program that checks for those kinds of errors.

Kate said...

Drama! I think it's so funny when people who are supposedly professional send really bad typos.