Us

Us

Friday, February 25, 2011

Cooking Adventures

So yesterday I tried my hand at brisket.

There was a slow-cooker recipe in my Better Homes & Gardens cook book. I went out and bought all of the ingredients, and was ready to go. I got everything in the crock pot and it smelled YUMMY!!! I went to work, and when I got home, it smelled even better. I made the sauce, and when Chad got home from work, I had dinner on the table.

So now it was time to try this brisket. I was unimpressed at first, but the sauce (made from the marinade and some added ingredients) added a TON of flavor - sweet and spicy. It was delicious. And if it was beef, and I was eating it, then that's saying something!

I asked Chad how it measured up to his memory and he said "I don't know - that was 10 years ago. But this is good!"

I even got a facebook status


It was pretty tasty, and I might have to make it again sometime.

No comments: