Us

Us

Friday, January 25, 2008

Hello all!
I have just a few things to tell you and update you about before I have to go to class in 15 minutes. School has gotten off to a crazy start this semester. I'm finally all settled with my classes and obligations. It's going to be a busy semester! A few things:
1. My classes this semester consist of Theory, Ear Training, Symphony Band, Symphony Orchestra, Chamber Woodwinds, Doctrines of the Gospel, Educational Psychology, Clarinet lessons, and Vocal Methods.
2. We had auditions for ensemble placement at the beginning of this semester, and I was placed first chair in the Symphony Band (previously known as Wind Ensemble) and co-principal in Symphony Orchestra. So I'm very excited about that, and am adjusting a little bit to the responsibility.
3. It has been ridiculously cold here. And I mean ridiculously. A couple of days it was about negative 20, not counting wind chill. It's snowed almost every day since we've been back from Christmas, or at least that's the way it seems. It's the coldest winter they've had in 10 years. Yay me.
4. I helped out at the temple open house a couple of times in the last three weeks. This is the last week for the open house, then it will be closed for a week for cleaning, and then it will be dedicated on February 3rd.
5. The Symphony Band is playing for the Temple Celebration on Saturday, February 2nd. We have rehearsals every day next week except Monday. 6:00 - 9:00 pm.
6. Chad and I are still dating.

Well, I've used up all my time, and my class is about to start, so I guess I better go. After this, I only have one more class today! WEEKEND! Yay!

So I will update more later.

No comments: