Us

Us

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Whoa. They changed Blogger posting - I don't know how I feel about that.

Anyway - one of the things I learned this week:

"It was just so funny" is nice-people code for "It was seriously the most annoying thing ever." In my family, we say "It was seriously the most annoying thing ever." Other people will talk about something that obviously annoys them, and then in order to not sound so picky or opinionated, they add "It was just so funny" at the end.

C'mon people, who are we kidding? We all know what you really mean. It's like in the 90's when people started saying "No offense, but..." and you knew something offensive was about to follow, but somehow prefacing it with that caveat makes them think they're not being a jerk.

I heard this several times over the last few days. I guess my point is, "it was just so funny". 

3 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

Well, at least the you're using what you learn :)

ottspot said...

This goes along with Bryce's grandma's favorite - "Bless her/his heart!" Like this "She had a hideous dress on that looked terrible...bless her heart!" It always makes me laugh because apparently you can say any insulting thing you want as long as you end it with "bless her heart!" It's just so funny!

Anonymous said...

I just started hearing this lately! "Sunday school got overtaken by guys arguing about whether or not God "gave" us agency. It was just so funny!" It took me a little while to figure out they meant, "It annoyed the crap out of me!"

-Thing 1