Us

Us

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Dog

I bought a bag of bone-shaped dog biscuits last time I went to the store, because I was still feeling guilty for leaving Lady for so long. So when I'm feeling particularly generous, I give her a biscuit. She usually takes it and runs into another room. Today I decided to watch her to see what she does with them. I watched her run into the front room, jump up on the chair, scratch at the back of the cushion, drop her bone and nudge her head over it. She buried her biscuit in the chair.

Since discovering this little trick, I have also found a biscuit in the couch. I gave it to her and have been watching her try to find a new place to hide it. Chad's shoe, a box under the guest bed, and the sofa in the guest bed are all popular hiding places. And then sometime when we're not doing anything, she'll run into the room with a treat that she previously stashed somewhere.

I have never seen a real life dog that actually buried their bones. Where do they learn that?! And why do they do it!?

4 comments:

ottspot said...

Probably the same reason I have chocolate stashed around my house...I may not want it now, but I'll want it later and I don't want anyone else getting into it!

Anonymous said...

Nikki just ate everything as soon as you gave it to her. I never her saw her hide or bury anything.

LJ Busath said...

Our Rusty had stashes of his dry food in the living room - behind a leg of the piano, under the china cabinet, in the corner - I'd vacuum them up and he'd replenish his supply. We figured it was his food storage!

Kate said...

Hahaha, that's awesome. Nate leaves treats in the couch too like chips and coins