Us

Us

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Laundromat 1- Post Office 0

As long as the family blogs are on the subject of complaining about customer service, I felt I better contribute.

Today we went to the Post Office to pick up our mail, as we had to get a P.O. Box when we moved. I was expecting some music I had ordered for my senior recital next semester. Usually Eble Music (who I order from) sends the music with a piece of cardboard so that it isn't bent - one of the several things I like about them. My music always comes looking like I went to the store and bought it myself. Well, the Post Office was about to change all that. We got to our little 3x5 box, and seeing that some of the keys for the package boxes were missing, was excited to see if we had one. I opened our box to find my carefully packaged music folded in half and shoved in the box. I was not happy. Really Post Office? Because you obviously had to put some effort into folding that in half so you could fit it into our postcard-sized box. It's like 60 pages of music (or more!), plus a piece of cardboard. Grr. Thanks a lot Post Office.

However, on Thursday we did our laundry at the Magic Suds Laundromat. It's open 24 hours and it's away from everything, so it's usually pretty empty. It's our most recent laundromat find, and we like it. It has tv and wireless internet, and as I said, there's usually nobody in there. Every time we go though, we find some young guy (usually sketchy looking) using it as his own internet cafe - not actually doing any laundry. Cuz I know that'd be the first place I'd go to hang out and surf Facebook. Anywho. We got all our laundry done and put it in the dryer. It had been in for a couple of cycles already, but needed more time. We put in another quarter, closed the door, and pushed the button. To which it displayed some error message about the door being open or the lint trap needing to be emptied - neither of which was the case. So we kept opening and closing the door and pushing the button only to keep getting the error message, and wouldn't give us our money back. So there's a note on the door to the office that says "If you lose any money, please leave a note with your name and address on it and we will be happy to refund it." I was annoyed, so I left a very pleasant note (it really was pleasant! I'm not just being sarcastic) with my name and address and slipped it through the mail slot on the door. Today we got back our note with $1.75 taped to it. We only lost a quarter!
Thank you laundromat! I think we'll be back.

No comments: