Us

Us

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Happy news for you all!!! I FOUND my digital camera! It was stashed away in my laptop case -- and if it hadn't been for not getting my homework done and needing to finish it on campus today, I never would've found it. Anyways. That's my good news for today.
I meant to finish writing about my last few weeks here in Idaho. Last week one of our (nonmember) friends was baptized. It was really cool. I played the hymns for her. Uhm... what else? OH! I almost forgot! I'm playing the trombone in the marching band. Yeah that's right. But we had our first BYUI show last week. It wasn't the best performance I've ever seen, but oh well.
Saturday and Sunday we hung around Rexburg and watched Conference. Which, as previously mentioned, turned out to be a lot of fun.
So I got a text message from Mollie last night telling me that they're taking down the ECS Playscape. I gasped so loud when I read it, people around me thought someone had died. I tried to explain to them the sentimental value of the ECS Playscape, and how cool it is, but they just didn't get it. Mom went over and took a bunch of pictures for us, but it's just not the same. Cromwell is gonna be so lame by the time I'm old. There are already a bunch of things that I could say "Back in my day..." about. Very sad day for anyone who grew up in Cromwell, going to ECS. It'll be replaced with some lame-o playground that poses no harm to kids. Don't people know that the really fun stuff is always somewhat dangerous?! I think I would gladly put up with splinters and bee stings if it meant I got to keep the Playscape. Wussy kids these days... They'll get like... a painted patch of grass and that's it.
Nothing exciting is on tap for the rest of this week. Maybe I'll drive down to Idaho Falls and get the oil changed in the car. Saturday I have to go to the Idaho Marching Band Competition in Pocatello. It might be okay except that I don't really know anyone in my class. Then Saturday night we have another football game. Anyways. That's all for now I guess.

2 comments:

mollie said...

have you seen any pictures yet? because mom certainly hasn't sent any to me.

of course... i don't suppose she probably knows how to.

ottspot said...

Hmmm...so you found your camera after all..the one that magically disappeared at my house or at grandma's house was actually in your possession the whole time. Did you make a list of everything you've lost and then lose that too?