Us

Us

Friday, February 16, 2007

So our lack of toilet paper has brought me to my blog.
I'm not really sure why. I'm bored and I should be going to Broulim's (the little grocery store behind my apartment -- pronounced Bro-lum's) to remedy the toilet paper issue but instead I'm sitting here at my computer being lazy. I think because I'm trying to take my mind off of the fact that I really have to go to the bathroom. I could go down to the lounge, but once again -- too lazy.

So what has been going on in the world of Megan Dickerson recently? I wish I knew.
If I find out, I'll be sure to tell you!
Look! I'm eating Ramen! WITH A FORK!

Okay okay, so I haven't been too bored. In fact, I've had a lot of fun recently. I even have some pictures for
you! I know, I know. You just can't contain your excitement. Aren't you glad YOU have toilet paper?!

I haven't posted anything since before CHRISTMAS! Wow.
This is the fancy nephew carrying case I got for Christmas. (Nephew not included)
Mollie and the dog, and Erin's leg/back in the foreground on the mattress on my bedroom floor Christmas morning. Local news on the TV in the background.

Since my last post:
-I had a lovely Christmas at home in CT with my whole family and my bald older brother Michael.
-I got to visit some of my teachers and friends from home.
-I sang a solo of "Away in a Manger" in my ward's sacrament meeting on Christmas Eve. Scary.
-I accompanied my friend on the piano as she played a cello duet for her ward.
-I have a new roommate Dawn from Texas.
-My new classes are pretty boring and consist of: Ear Training 2, Music Theory 2, Wind Ensemble, Clarinet, Book of Mormon, English, Math.
-My math class consists of understanding percentages, and the question (I kid you not) -- Apples are $.75 a
pound. You want 2 and 1/2 pounds of apples. What is the total cost of the apples?
-I went sledding with a few friends of mine for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
-I went to a Superbowl get together at a friend's house with my roommate Kimberly.
-I performed in my first concert of this semester with the Wind Ensemble on February 8th. I had three short solos in one of our songs and nailed them all. Yay!
-I got a 102 on my first dictation exam this semester! (The teacher plays melodies, harmonic progressions, chords, and rhythms and we have to identify them and write them down.)
-I got a Valentine's day package from my momma!
-I've kept busy with my classes, and have realized that I have only 4 clarinet lessons left this semester. And I have clarinet lessons once a week.
-I'm not doing anything exciting for this long President's Day weekend.

-Rexburg has warmed up a little -- with temperatures reaching the practically summer temperatures of 40 degrees. When it hit 28 Kimberly and I got out our flip flops. We really thought it felt warm.
-Kimberly has just informed me that the temperature outside right now is 47! Lovely.
The cake I made for dessert when some of the guys in our ward has us over for dinner. It was delicious. And colorful... and... slightly... gay. hm.

In other news.
I have a good story! Oh! I almost forgot! But trust me, this is a good one! Okay, so last Monday, February 5th, I was rushing my way to my English class. It starts at 7:45 and I was going to be late so I'm booking it. I was crossing the green between the library and the building I need to be at when this little dog comes running out of nowhere. He ran up to some people about 20 feet in front of me. I was sure it would run away by the time my walking brought me to it, but it didn't. Everyone ignored it, so I bent down to look at his collar and he started squirming so I grabbed him. I looked around for someone chasing after him but there wasn't anyone. I picked him up and carried him inside the nearest building and used the courtesy phone to call the number on "Bentley"s tag. I got this old lady who said she lived just across the street and she would be outside waiting.
She was so sure I knew where she lived and I was so familiar with the area that she didn't need to explain it to me that she hung up before I knew exactly where to go. Truth is, I wasn't even sure what building I was in when I called her. I walked out of the building just as my friend David was walking to deliver something to another building. He looked at me weird since it was 7:45am and I was carrying around a little dog on campus. We wandered around in the dorms for a while before we found the street we were supposed to be at. We walked up the street as this little lady comes out of her house to claim her dog. She insisted on rewarding us even though we politely refused. She gave us granola bars and chocolate. She was silly. She said her husband was down on campus looking for us, so we walked back and looked around for him before I decided I should probably get to class. Dave said he would keep looking for the old guy. I saw him later that afternoon and asked for an update. He said he couldn't find the old guy at first, so he went to deliver something else about an hour later and saw this old man looking around in the bushes outside of a building across campus from where we found the dog. He told him we had already found and returned his dog. Did the old guy really think I had decided not to deliver the dog and just let him go again? Silly old man. The End. That's my story of how I rescued someone's dog. I was very proud of myself... I miss my dog! :o(

Well I'll include some pictures of my random activities in the past month and a half. Hope you enjoy! Hope all is well with you!


These are pictures of the bruise I got from playing my friend's boomwhackers. If you don't know what boomwhackers are, you should google it. They're pretty cool.
This is me and my friend David Wilson. He's in my ward. He came over one Saturday to show Kimberly and I the sledding video Chad made. I don't know why we took this picture, but I look pretty wild. Dave is one of the guys that saw my sister at the BYU game last semester.
Dave had the camera under his coat and had fun pretending he was pregnant.
I snapped this after church (I think) one Sunday. Kimberly was exhausted.
This is Kimberly on her way to a world record for eating the most waffles. I don't think I've ever seen her eat so much in one sitting.
Chad making his family's famous apple cinnamon waffles for lunch after church. February 11th.
Kimberly and I hanging out at Chad's apartment. (henceforth known as 105)
Kimberly and I being silly at 105. The cutest fish in the sea.
Kimberly and I were bored so we sculpted "Reuben" out of a rotten potato -- he looks kind of like Edvard Munch's Scream. We put him on a pedestal. The bottles are there because we filled them with water and then performed Mary Had a Little Lamb for the guys.

Well that's enough fun for one post. Kimberly and I are going to Broulim's (do you remember how to pronounce it?!) to get toilet paper.





1 comment:

mikey said...

For the record, I'm not exactly "bald", I had all my hair cut off voluntarily. Judging by the pictures of Dad, I would be "bald" soon enough anyway.